The impact of Covid-19 on employment in the legal job market has already been substantial. The full effects of the pandemic are yet to be seen but firms forecast a difficult year ahead, with hundreds of careers hanging in the balance.
Here we take a look at key insights of jobseekers using Simply Law Jobs during July 2020.
- 62.5% of legal professionals cited their job was affected by the pandemic
- 33.3% of legal professionals were affected by being furloughed
- 33.3% of legal professionals were affected by being terminated
- 33.3% of legal professionals were affected by being made redundant
- 85.7% of legal professionals practice area was affected by the pandemic
- 85.7% of legal professionals have not been advised when they will return to workplace
- 20% of legal professionals are not concerned about returning to the workplace
- 50% of legal professionals are concerned about the future of their current job
- 75% of legal professionals have searched for a new job daily in the last 3 months
Based on a Simply Law Jobs survey of 189 legal professionals.
Responses acquired in July 2020.
Simply Law has announced that the legal job site has undergone the biggest transformation in its 18 year history. Based on in-depth research into the industry, as well as extensive feedback and insights provided by Simply Law clients and jobseekers, the site has been...
Job sites are preparing for the death of the CV, it has been revealed today. Specialist job site, Simply Law, has announced that their site has been completely restructured to accommodate candidate profiles in preparation for the decline of the traditional CV. The...
The economic stress and uncertainty inflicted by the coronavirus pandemic has resulted in an unprecedented amount of disruption within the legal industry. Since the recession in 2008, there has been a skills shortage in the legal sector which has left some employees...
Simply Law Jobs has released its 2020 Year in Review. The report details how Covid-19 impacted: Jobs in the legal industry Traffic, applications and jobs posted to Simply Law Jobs The lives and careers of our jobseekers The job search and the shift in priorities as a...
Check out our first newsletter for 2021! It’s jam packed with all the new and exciting features you can expect from Simply Law Jobs in the next 18 months.