The impact of Covid-19 on employment in the legal job market has already been substantial. The full effects of the pandemic are yet to be seen but firms forecast a difficult year ahead, with hundreds of careers hanging in the balance.
Here we take a look at key insights of jobseekers using Simply Law Jobs during July 2020.
- 62.5% of legal professionals cited their job was affected by the pandemic
- 33.3% of legal professionals were affected by being furloughed
- 33.3% of legal professionals were affected by being terminated
- 33.3% of legal professionals were affected by being made redundant
- 85.7% of legal professionals practice area was affected by the pandemic
- 85.7% of legal professionals have not been advised when they will return to workplace
- 20% of legal professionals are not concerned about returning to the workplace
- 50% of legal professionals are concerned about the future of their current job
- 75% of legal professionals have searched for a new job daily in the last 3 months
Based on a Simply Law Jobs survey of 189 legal professionals.
Responses acquired in July 2020.
Its been a busy old month for Simply Law Jobs. Check out what we've all been up to in our October newsletter. From cycling hundreds of miles for worthy causes to discovering the impact of coronavirus on the industry, there's a lot to catch up on! We're also hosting a...
The impact of Covid-19 on employment in the job market has already been substantial across many sectors and with government support schemes due to end next week, a fresh wave of job cuts is expected. But what is happening in the legal sector? While there are some...
The impact of Covid-19 on employment in the legal job market has already been substantial and with government support schemes due to end in October, a fresh wave of job cuts is expected. Some law firms are yet to publish the results of their latest financial year but...
Every January, we compile all our data from the previous year to gather insights into the legal job market and how it is evolving. Below we take a look at key insights into our 2018-19 Annual Report. Key Insights Between 2018 and 2019, Solicitor roles have been...
Searching for a new job is not without its challenges in any industry; the process can be time consuming and difficult to navigate. In a competitive job market, jobseekers must be dedicated to securing their next role, committing time and considerable effort in order...