The method in which to search and apply for jobs has changed immeasurably in the last few decades. In the current digital age, jobseekers have the ability to access information 24/7, from wherever they may be in the world.
The shift in consumer behaviour means that job boards must cater to the demand, making the application process as seamless as possible.
Below we take a look at key insights into how the modern jobseeker applies for jobs.
- 47.6% of legal professionals use their mobile phone to search for jobs ‘most of the time’
- 45.7% of legal professionals use their laptop or desktop computer to search for jobs ‘most of the time’
- 6.7% of legal professionals use their tablet to search for jobs ‘most of the time’
- 52.2% of jobseekers use their mobile phone to search for jobs daily
- 53.1% of jobseekers use their laptop or desktop computer to search for jobs daily
- 57.1% of jobseekers use their tablet to search for jobs daily
- 44.8% of legal professionals cited ‘the ability to instantly view jobs which match their CV’ as the most important feature of a job website
- 16.2% of legal professionals cited ‘a mobile app where they can find and apply for jobs easily’ as the most important feature of a job website
- 16.2% of legal professionals cited ‘the ability to apply for a job with one click’ as the most important feature of a job website
Based on an Simply Law Jobs survey of 105 legal professionals.
Responses acquired between 22nd February 2019 and 8th April 2019.
Response to Covid-19 prompts relaunch of Simply Law
Simply Law has announced that the legal job site has undergone the biggest transformation in its 18 year history. Based on in-depth research into the industry, as well as extensive feedback and insights provided by Simply Law clients and jobseekers, the site has been...
Job sites prepare for the death of the CV
Job sites are preparing for the death of the CV, it has been revealed today. Specialist job site, Simply Law, has announced that their site has been completely restructured to accommodate candidate profiles in preparation for the decline of the traditional CV. The...
How Covid-19 impacted jobs in the legal industry in 2020
The economic stress and uncertainty inflicted by the coronavirus pandemic has resulted in an unprecedented amount of disruption within the legal industry. Since the recession in 2008, there has been a skills shortage in the legal sector which has left some employees...
Simply Law Jobs releases its 2020 year in review
Simply Law Jobs has released its 2020 Year in Review. The report details how Covid-19 impacted: Jobs in the legal industry Traffic, applications and jobs posted to Simply Law Jobs The lives and careers of our jobseekers The job search and the shift in priorities as a...
Read our January newsletter
Check out our first newsletter for 2021! It’s jam packed with all the new and exciting features you can expect from Simply Law Jobs in the next 18 months.